In this role, Prof Quattrone will provide input, advice and undertake investigations into management accounting. The committee has the role of innovating and rethinking management accounting practices.
We are delighted to announce that CAS Co-Director Professor Paulo Quattrone has been re-appointed to the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Thought Leadership and Business Ethics Committee. His term has been extended for a further year, with effect from 1 June 2018.
The AICPA | CIMA partnership was established in 2016. It represents more than 600,000 members worldwide and as the most influential professional accounting body in the world, this appointment necessitates substantial responsibility and is a prestigious achievement.
As part of the Committee, Professor Quattrone will continue to:
- Provide input and advice into strategies to advance the science of management accountancy and guide the evolution of the management accounting profession and the wider profession.
- Input into strategies and policies needed to deliver objectives for promoting and developing the science of management accounting.
- Foster and maintain investigations and research into the best means and methods of developing the science of management accounting.
- Ensure work is globally relevant, market-led and innovative; raises the profile of management accountancy; informs the qualification and member career development.
- Approve priorities to be given to engagement and collaboration with the global academic community of accountants, practitioners and other thought leaders researching in the field of management accounting – public, private, government, government-funded, and supported bodies.
- As needed, set up virtual groups of members with particular expertise in areas of management accounting to advise the Association, as necessary, on matters of public policy to facilitate responses to consultations.
- Provide input into building a world-class centre of excellence for accounting thought leadership delivering high quality and relevant content.
Congratulations and good luck.